Special Needs Provision
The SEN provision at North Beckton Primary School provides a wide and comprehensive offer to pupils attending the school. The pupils benefit from an extensive range of internal and external specialist resources. We believe that all children and young people should have an equal opportunity to attend a mainstream primary school.
The school uses B squared and CASPA in order to assess and set targets for pupils with SEN. Our pupils’ achievements are celebrated throughout the school during assemblies, displays and earning team points.
SEN Information report
The school is legally required to publish a SEND information report which sets out its aims regarding SEND in school for more information click the link
Local School offer at North Beckton
Our local school offer is information for parents/carers of children who may require additional support due to a Special Educational Need.
We believe that all children and young people should have an equal opportunity to attend a mainstream primary school.
We aim to have structures and policies which promote inclusion:
- A policy of making all parents and carers feel their children will be welcomed and supported at the school
- A policy of welcoming and doing our best to meet the needs of all children and young people attending the school, whatever special educational needs or disability they may have
- Governors and staff who are trained in disability awareness issues
- A policy which ensures recruitment and training of staff who will support and are committed to inclusion
- An inclusion policy which is an integral part of the school development plan
- A special needs policy which is rigorously implemented and reviewed
for more information about the local offer click here
We aim to promote high levels of achievement for all children and young people, by:
- Offering a wide range of learning and teaching experiences
- Developing and implementing Individual Education Plans for children and young people with special education needs
- Valuing high expectations of all children and young people
- Having high expectations of all children and young people
- Training staff to equip them to teach all children and young people
We aim to include all children and young people in all activities of the school, by:
- Fostering supportive friendships among children and young people (See Buddy Policy)
- Having clear codes of behaviour that take account of the particular difficulties that certain children and young people face
- Working to enable children and young people to become more independent
- Finding ways to overcome any difficulties caused by the physical environment, school rules or routines
- Promoting diversity, understanding difficulties, recognising and respecting individual differences
- Taking positive steps to prevent exclusions, especially of all children and young people with Statements of Special Educational Needs
We aim to work in partnership with parents and carers, by:
- Welcoming parents and carers into school
- Making written and spoken language accessible
- Dealing with parents and carers with honesty, trust and discretion
- Taking time, sharing information, listening and valuing contributions in meetings.