Admissions and Attendance
If you would like to put your child on our waiting list please come into school. Children can be put on the Nursery waiting list from the age of two they usually start the term after their 3rd birthday depending on availability.
When we have a place available for your child you will be invited to a parents meeting where you will be given a welcome pack and have a chance to meet the staff and look around the Nursery.
We will then invite you and your child to come for a taster session in the Nursery.
When you have finished you taster sessions you will be given a start date.
During your child’s first week they have a slightly shorter session to allow them time to settle into Nursery. Each child is different therefore Nursery staff will be flexible to each individual child’s needs.
Please remember that allocation of a Nursery place does not guarantee a school place and this has to be applied for separately through Pupils Services.
Good attendance and punctuality are important therefore we ask you to telephone the school if you are going to be late or absent.
Because we have a waiting list, if your child misses several sessions or you are late regularly you may lose your Nursery place.
Primary School Admissions
We follow the Local Authority's criteria for admissions. To request a place for your child at North Beckton you can apply online for places from Reception up to Year 6 at www.eadmissons.org.uk or contact Pupil Services at Newham Dockside, 3rd Floor, East side, 1000 Dockside Road, London E16 2QU.
Admission for entry from September 2016 (2016/7 current academic year)
- LB Newham Primary School Determined Admission Arrangements for 2016 entry https://www.newham.gov.uk/Documents/Education%20and%20learning/
- LB Newham Primary School Admissions web pages http://www.newham.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Admissions-primary-school.aspx
- ‘In Year’ School Admissions Application – aka mid term or mid phase www.newham.gov.uk/inyear
Reception admission for entry from September 2017
- Pan London eadmissions portal www.eadmissions.org.uk
- Pan London Schemes for 2017- 18
- Determined Admission Arrangements for 2017 entry https://www.newham.gov.uk/Documents/
- LB Newham Reception for 2017 Admission web pages http://www.newham.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Admissions-primary-school.aspx
Primary to secondary transition for entry September 2017
- Link to Pan London eadmissions portal www.eadmissions.org.uk
- Pan London Schemes for 2017-18 https://www.newham.gov.uk/Documents/Education%20and%20learning/Pan-LondonCo-ordinatedAdmissionSystem.pdf
- Determined Admission Arrangements for 2017 entry https://www.newham.gov.uk/Documents/Education%20and%20learning/
- LB Newham primary to secondary transition web pages http://www.newham.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Admissions-primary-school.aspx
Useful likes for all schools admissions
- Gov.UK https://www.gov.uk/schools-admissions
- LB Newham School Fact Finder http://www.newham.gov.uk/Pages/Services/Schools-Directory.aspx
- Ace Education – Independent Advice for Parents and Carers http://www.ace-ed.org.uk
Good attendance and punctuality are essential to pupil’s success at school. Your child should attend school each day unless he/she is absent through illness, or special permission has been given by the Head Teacher. All absence must be explained by the parent/guardian by phoning the school on the day of absence. When your child returns to school you must write a letter explaining why they were absent. If a child is absent for 3 days or more then medical proof will be required. Holidays during term time will not be authorised.
The expected level of attendance for Newham school children is at least 95%.Our target for attendance 2015-2016 is 95.5%.
Pupils need to be collected promptly from their class at 3.30 p.m. Years 5 and 6 may make their own way home with parental consent and agreement from the class teacher. Nursery up to Year 3 must be collected by someone aged 16 or over.
We believe attendance is very important each week we award a cup and certificate to the class who’s attendance is the best. We also award the class with the least number of lateness.