Home School Agreement
It is the wish of all involved at North Beckton School to provide for its pupils a happy, secure and stimulating environment in which they can develop both intellectually and socially. We aim to encourage an enjoyment of life and a love of learning. We believe that a positive partnership with parents is crucial and will promote our vision 'We All Belong'.
The School will:
- Encourage children to do their best at all times.
- Provide a balanced, interesting and relevant curriculum.
- Inform parents of their child’s progress through regular meetings and end of year reports. Day to day communication is facilitated in a range of ways including newsletters, notes to/from parents and home/school books. The reading record is used to comment on reading at home.
- Inform parents about what the teachers aim to teach the children each term through the termly year group newsletters. Additional information about literacy and numeracy will be sent to parents as appropriate.
The Family will:
- Make sure that the child arrives at school on time (not left unsupervised in the playground before school) and is collected at 3.30 p.m. by an adult known to the child and school.Inform the school if someone other than the regular person is collecting the child.
- Make sure the child attends school regularly and provides a note of explanation or telephones the school if the child is absent.
- Support and adhere to the school’s policies for behaviour, homework and school uniform.
- Attend meetings that are relevant and involve their child.
- Let the school know of any problems which may affect the child’s learning.
The Child will:
- Keep any agreed class rules.
- Do their best, making every effort to produce class work and homework of a high standard.
- Be caring and considerate towards others.
- Have respect for their surroundings both inside the classroom and outside in the school grounds.
'Together' we will:
- Address any additional educational needs.
- Encourage our children to keep to the school rules, staying safe and enjoying learning.
- Support each child’s learning to help them achieve their best.
Parents are expected to discuss the home-school agreement with their child and to sign it before returning it to the class teacher. A copy will be sent home.