At North Beckton Primary School we recognise how displays influences a child’s learning and their behaviour. Displays both reflect and influence the ethos of the individual classrooms and the school as a whole. Where appropriate, displays will reflect the multicultural diversity of our school.
Work displayed around the school are for the following reasons:
- to celebrate learning achievement and effort
- to focus on and value pupil’s work engendering a sense of pride, worth and self-esteem
- to create a stimulating learning environment
- to share work with parents and the wider community
- to provide opportunities to review continuity and progression to staff by reviewing the work in each other’s rooms
- to share information
We should be able to find the following types of display in our school:
- ongoing work pictures/ photographs/ writing/ models/ charts and graphsprogression of work which shows the development and final productstarting points for topics which children can use for research, e.g. artefacts,
- natural and made objects, pictures, books and photographs.
- work showing a variety of techniques and media
- dual language displays