HeadStart Conference 2018
On Saturday 24th November 2018, North Beckton Primary School's Year 5 and Year 6 HeadStart Champions attended a HeadStart Conference held at Rokeby School.
The Conference hosted 72 children and young people from across the borough. Over 15 schools were present and we are very proud to say that North Beckton Primary School are one of these schools.
The HeadStart Champions participated in the following workshops:
1. Your Story - Creating a group story board looking at what it means to belong and how we can create a sense of belonging for each other.
2. The Tree of Belonging – Populating the tree of belonging with our individual roots, strengths and hopes for the future in order to reflect on our similarities and create a sense of belonging.
3. Is this Healthy? – A discussion based workshop in which the champions worked together to reflect upon different relationship scenarios in order to understand what a safe and positive relationship should offer them.
4. Flip The Script – An interactive drama workshop in which the Champions reflected upon how we can keep ourselves and others safe.
5. We are Champions – The Champions were given space to reflect upon what being a champion meant for them and to make a pledge based on the day’s experiences about work they would like to take back to their schools.