As part of The Tapscott Learning Trust, there is an ethos to enable pupils to become tolerant and well-prepared citizens for life in modern Britain. It is an ethos that produces citizens that adds value to the communities in which they live.
At North Beckton Primary School, we believe that the positive reinforcement of good behaviour is the most effective means of achieving this.
In order to ensure that school rules are followed at all times, children are taught about the rules, why they are needed and what happens if they do not follow them.
To ensure that there is a common goal for the school, North Beckton follows a code of conduct - The 3Bes. These being: Be ready, Be safe and Be respectful (in no particular order). All children are taught these values - what they mean and how they can apply these to their everyday lives. They are also displayed in communal areas and in classrooms with children’s own examples of what they mean.
There are also displays around the school, such as the Zones of Regulation to support children with their emotional regulation to ensure they are ready and alert for learning.
Good behaviour will be encouraged and recognised by using the following positive incentives:
- PRAISE - verbal praise and written praise
- 3Bes stickers - can you get all three in one day?
- Above and Beyond display board in the classroom
- CERTIFICATES - Good work and behaviour certificates. Children receive certificates every Friday during the Whole School Assembly.
- CHILD OF THE TERM – One child is chosen from each class that has consistently followed the 3Bes and given a reward by SLT.