Job Title: Head of Governance & Compliance
- Employer: The Tapscott Learning Trust
- Salary: PO5 £21,247.85 (FTE: £46,857)
- Location: The Tapscott Learning Trust
- Contract: Permanent
- Working Pattern: Term Time
- Hours: 18 hours per week. 2.5 days a week, Term -time only plus 2 weeks – 41 weeks per year.
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Closing Date: 15/03/2023 at 09:00
- Reference: TLT/23/230786
Location: Our main office is based at Ranelagh Primary School E15, but some travel will be required to our other schools, all within the London Borough of Newham. We also offer the flexibility to work from home.
We are looking for a highly organised, charismatic and motivated Governance Professional to join The Tapscott Learning Trust (TTLT).
Are you looking for flexibility, autonomy and want to utilise your skills within our values driven organisation?
We are seeking to appoint a Governance Professional who will provide responsibility for governance
The successful candidate will provide:
- Effective administration of Trust Board and Local Governing Body meetings
- Effective administration of all layers of TTLT Governance
- Professional support and governance advice, in line with our policies and regulatory framework
- Effective administration for Trust Board/Governance Committee for a range of areas including complaints
This role also includes leading the central governance function across TTLT:
- Support with the Trust-wide annual cycle of activity including governance documents, training, and templates
- Effective maintenance of our in-house governance portal
Experience in school governance in desirable but not essential, we are looking for an individual who:
- Can work proactively and at pace directing your own workload
- Has excellent communication and proficient interpersonal skills to enable the development of strong professional relationships with our Members, Trustees, Local Governors, Headteachers and other key staff across TTLT
- Is experienced in effective meeting administration, preparation of agendas, participation in formal meetings and quality minute taking
We can offer you:
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home (equipment provided)
- Membership of local government pension scheme
- Opportunities for personal development and training
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme offering free confidential support on a range of issues such as work, wellbeing, money, health, and legal advice
This part-time role is ideal if you are looking for flexibility and elements of home working, whilst still being part of a wider team, in a values-based organisation that makes a difference to future generations. If this sounds like you, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday, 15th March 2023
Short-listing: Thursday, 16th March 2023
Interview Date: Wednesday, 29th March 2023
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a conversation can be arranged.
Please note we reserve the right to close the recruitment campaign earlier than this date subject to the volume of applications received. We therefore encourage candidates to submit applications as early as possible.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and require all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will need to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks which will, where applicable, include a health check, a DBS check with children’s barred list and satisfactory references.
Our schools are part of The Tapscott Learning Trust, which is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registered in England & Wales. Company No. 10679504
The Tapscott Learning Trust and Curwen Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that all appointments are subject to successful references and enhanced DBS certificates. In addition, online searches will be carried out on shortlisted candidates, for information that is publicly available online which forms part of the Trust’s due diligence process.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.
Governance Professional Advert - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-SlDuev4dtYzgbO5muOo_lSmyhSXISTQ/view?usp=share_link
Head of Governance & Compliance Job Description & Personal Specifications - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-TlZqR85OVz45BM5dgfFSvxXFgp5Co0h/view?usp=share_link