Local Advisory Board
North Beckton Primary School has an active Local Advisory Board (LAB). We act as a critical support to the school, providing strategic governance to ensure that all children receive the best possible education. The LAB meet regularly and follows the scheme of delegation agreed by the Trust Board annually.
What do we do?
The LAB has an important part to play in raising school standards through its three key roles:
- monitoring and evaluation the schools safeguarding arrangements
- ensuring accountability
- monitoring and evaluating school performance
We have responsibility, together with the leadership team, for agreeing the policies for the general running of the school. Our role is crucial:
- We fulfil statutory duties to ensure that the school is a safe, healthy and an inclusive environment
- We ensure the school finances are in order by monitoring the school's budget on a regular basis
- We provide support and challenge to the leadership team of the school on all issues that affect the learning and welfare of our pupils
The LAB is drawn from the staff of the school, the Local Education Authority, parents and the wider community that the school serves.
The Trust will make available for public inspection copies of agendas, minutes and reports for our meetings including the Trust Board and any of the LAB committees. Please contact the Trust’s Company Secretary at email@example.com.
TTLT Annual Reports
Who are we:
|Name||Position||Pecuniary Interest Form||Term Start||Term End|
|Alison Helm||Head Teacher||Held|
|Swasthi Mahabeer||Chair - Board Appointed||Held||09 Oct 2019||08 Oct 2023|
|Bridie Mahon||Staff Governor||Held||24 Sep 2021||23 Sep 2025|
|Jackie Withnall||Co-opted Member||Held||01 Apr 2019||30 Mar 2023|
|Suus-Anna Karskamp-Eve||Co-opted Member||Held||01 Apr 2019||30 Mar 2023|
|Andrew West||Co-opted Member||Held||08 Oct 2020||07 Oct 2024|
|Chun Wong||Parent Governor||Held||01 Sep 2020||31 Aug 2024|
|Kizi Scott||Co-Opted Member||Held||12 May 2021||11 May 2025|
|Magdalena Milkowska||Parent Governor||2 Feb 2022||1 Feb 2026|
|TERM EXPIRED/RESIGNED||End Date|