Local Advisory Board
North Beckton Primary School has an active local advisory board. We act as a critical support to the school, providing strategic governance to ensure that all children receive the best possible education. The LAB meets twice a term and delegates its business to a range of committees, where appropriate.
What do we do?
The LAB has an important part to play in raising school standards through its three key roles:
- setting strategic direction
- ensuring accountability
- monitoring and evaluating school performance
We have responsibility, together with the leadership team, for agreeing the policies for the general running of the school. Our role is crucial:
- We fulfil statutory duties to ensure that the school is a safe, healthy and an inclusive environment
- We ensure the school finances are in order by monitoring the school's budget on a regular basis
- We provide support and challenge to the leadership team of the school on all issues that affect the learning and welfare of our pupils
The LAB is drawn from the staff of the school, the Local Education Authority, parents and the wider community that the school serves.
Who we are:
|Alison Helm||Head Teacher|
|Karinna Williams||Vice Chair/Co-opted Member|
|Natalija Girzade||Staff Governor|
|Jackie Withnall||Co-opted Member|
|Hassan Mahmood||Board Appointed|
|Leena Choi||Parent Governor|
|Twinkle Kumar||Parent Governor|
|Suus-Anna Karskamp-Eve||Co-opted Member|
North Beckton Governing Board Attendance 2018/19
No. of Meetings
|Ms Cameron Ratchford||4/5|